Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Cow Patties Featured Owner, Erin P.!

Welcome to the weekly Cow Patties Cloth Diapers Featured Owner post! We decided to start featuring Cow Patties Cloth Diapers owners for a few reasons. The biggest draw to it was to that although it may seem that disposable diapering is still the majority, cloth diapering is growing in popularity by leaps and bounds. There are people from all walks of life that cloth diaper- people just like you had the same fears and questions you do, they took the leap and it's a decision they feel good about. The second reason was to showcase beautiful babies and toddlers in Cow Patties products to help spread the word about the totally awesome and very cute Cow Patties line. Who doesn't love a fluffy butt?

This week's featured owner is Erin P. She has son that's about a year and lives in eastern Kentucky.

-How long have you been cloth diapering? How old were your kids when you started to CD them? 
I have been cloth diapering for almost a year.  We started cloth diapering our son, Fisher, when he was about one week old.  We were planning to switch to cloth diapers when Fisher was a few weeks old -but we had endless leaks with disposables and ended up switching to cloth when he was one week old and had no more leak problems!
-What was your main motivation for starting to cloth diaper? If you were hesitant to start, why? 
I decided I wanted to cloth diaper while I was pregnant because I want to minimize our impacts on the environment and using cloth seems like an easy way to do so.  I also liked the idea of saving money and not having to run to the store to buy diapers.  It was after a few months of cloth diapering that I got addicted to the cuteness factor!
-How did your significant other feel about it at first? How do they feel about it now? 
My husband, Shawn, was very much in favor of us using cloth, he has been on board all along - which is a good thing because he was a stay at home dad for several months.  He is happy about our decision, I love to hear him tell people "We use cloth diapers." It is cute :)
-How often do you do cloth diaper laundry? 
We do laundry about every three days.  For the most part I don't like doing laundry, but I don't mind doing diaper laundry. I think because it only takes a few minutes to put away.
-How many diapers are in your stash right now? How long did it take you to get to that many? Do you feel you have too many, not enough, or the perfect number?
 I have about 30 diapers in my stash right now.  I started out with about 10 and slowly added to it over the past 12 months.  I think we have plenty, but I don't think you can ever have too many cloth diapers!
-Give us the scoop on the poop-how did/do you handle it? 
We use a diaper sprayer, and it isn't a big deal to me.  I deal with much more "gross" things in my job than spraying off some poo!
-What was the biggest hurdle in your cloth diapering journey and how did you overcome it? 
I was a little scared about using cloth because I had so many people tell me that I wouldn't stick with it for various reasons - the poop, laundry,etc.  I think the biggest hurdle was just jumping in and trying it out for myself.  I am so glad I did - I know now that it really isn't hard to do, I am a working mom and we make cloth work for us. 
-If you could tell a potential cloth diaper-er one thing about cloth diapering what would it be? 
First of all - you DO NOT have to use pins and fold diapers if you want to use cloth - modern cloth diapers are as easy to use as disposables!  If you are interested in using cloth diapers - do not listen to naysayers.  Talk to a few people who use cloth and start a small stash and then try it out for yourself.  You will probably get hooked!

-What's your favorite Cow Patties Cloth Diaper product and why? 
I love the AI2 Cow Patties diaper!  I really like how trim it is and love the minky, soft inner fabric. 
-Where did you make your first Cow Patties Cloth Diaper purchase? 
I bought it from CP online store.

---------------------------------------------------------
If you'd like to me featured email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment