Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Cow Patties Cloth Diapers Featured Owner, Krista M.!

Welcome to the weekly Cow Patties Cloth Diapers Featured Owner post! We decided to start featuring Cow Patties Cloth Diapers owners for a few reasons. The biggest draw to it was to that although it may seem that disposable diapering is still the majority, cloth diapering is growing in popularity by leaps and bounds. There are people from all walks of life that cloth diaper- people just like you had the same fears and questions you do, they took the leap and it's a decision they feel good about. The second reason was to showcase beautiful babies and toddlers in Cow Patties products to help spread the word about the totally awesome and very cute Cow Patties line. Who doesn't love a fluffy butt?

This week's featured owner is Krista M.! Krista lives in the upper Midwest and as a 19 month old daughter.

-How long have you been cloth diapering? How old were your kids when you started to CD them?
I have been cloth diapering for 3-1/2 months, since my daughter was 16 months old.

-What was your main motivation for starting to cloth diaper? If you were hesitant to start, why?
My main motivation was getting a good deal on a 3 pack of diapers one day and thought..."I'll just give it a try, if I don't like it, I can always go back". I've heard that cloth diapering can save you quite a bit of money and can be a total fashion statement! I was hesitant about cloth diapering because I didn't know how much cloth diapers had changed over the years and I also didn't think that I could handle the #2's. Turns out you don't have to swish in a toilet anymore these days! LOL

-How did your significant other feel about it at first? How do they feel about it now?
My husband didn't seem to care one way or the other. I explained that I wanted to try them for the rest of the diapering days we have left with our daughter and if it turned out to be a good experience that we would exclusively cloth diaper our future children. He claimed for about 2 months straight that he "didn't know how to work these new diapers" and didn't change a diaper that whole time. He's finally warmed up to the idea, but thinks cloth diapers are a lot of work (for me) with the extra laundry, but I don't really see how it is. I enjoy cloth diapering, so I don't think about it as work...it's just what a mom (or dad) does. Plus, when I'm out shopping, I don't have to lug around big boxes of diapers and drive them home, unload them again and then put them away. That's work too!

-How often do you do cloth diaper laundry?
I wash diapers every other day. I don't like to let them sit around too long.

-How many diapers are in your stash right now? How long did it take you to get to that many? Do you feel you have too many, not enough, or the perfect number?
I have about 35 diapers. It took me about a month to get most of them and the rest I have just been buying every so often. I know I have plenty of diapers, but I just keep finding more and more cute ones to add to my stash! They can be so hard to resist.

-Give us the scoop on the poop-how did/do you handle it?
I was totally against cloth diapering for a long time because of poop issues. I just didn't think I could handle swishing a poopy diaper around in a toilet to clean it off. Turns out you don't have to. We have a diaper sprayer for that job! Just like a kitchen sink sprayer, but it's attached to your toilet and you use it to spray off the #2's. Yay!

-What was the biggest hurdle in your cloth diapering journey and how did you overcome it?
Honestly I think it was the fact that there are no "baby stores" within a couple hundred miles of our home, which made purchasing diapers rather inconvenient. Especially when you are just starting out, and don't even have enough for one day, then you have to wash them and you have none for the next day and go back to disposables, then back to cloth diapers. It was just weird in the beginning. I was practically waiting at the mailbox hoping to see a package of "fluff" so that I could cloth diaper my daughter more often. I don't know that I actually "overcame" this obstacle, but I soon had enough diapers and was on my cloth diapering journey 100% of the time. Now that I've realized how difficult it is out here to find specialty baby products, I want to open my own baby boutique, but...we'll see how it goes! :)
-If you could tell a potential cloth diaper-er one thing about cloth diapering what would it be?
To just TRY IT. You really don't know if it is or isn't for you unless you try. That is finally the point I came to. I figured I shouldn't be so opposed to something that I hadn't even given a chance.

-What's your favorite Cow Patties Cloth Diaper product and why?
I really like the Cow Patties AI2 One Size Minky Diapers. They are so soft and absorbent!

-Where did you make your first Cow Patties Cloth Diaper purchase? If you purchased form the CP online store you can say something like directly from cow patties, etc.
Directly from Cow Patties

-Do you have a blog or site you'd like to share?
http://www.tootsiewoots.blogspot.com/
Tootsie Woots (pronounced just like Tootsie Wootsie, only drop the "e" sound at the end of Woots) - is a blog I made to share information on all kinds of childrens and/or family friendly products. I like to pair up my reviews with a giveaway of the same product so that a lucky reader can win and try out the product for themselves as well! I have really enjoyed sharing information on the blog and hope you enjoy taking a look at it. If you are interested in cloth diapering, you should definitely check it out.

------------------------------
If you'd like to be a Cow Patties Cloth Diapers Featured Owner please email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment